Micrologix 1200 - 2 urgent & quick questions

theDave2

Can I use RSLogix 500 v4.5 to program a 1200 series C ? I only can select series A or B processor in RSLogix 500. I don't need any of the series C processor new stuff, it's a new blank one. I'm presuming it's a C, but who knows.

Also, can I use directly (from notebook serial port) the 1761-CBL-PM02 cable, not using a UIC / AIC / whatever module ?

Oh, this is urgent 'cause I'm asked to drive 2.5 hours tomorrow to put in a quick program that I'm writting tonight.

Tx,
Dave

Sorry for my English

The RSLogix500 v4.5 can't selecting series C cpu, you must updating your software to current or newest version.

Yes, you will have to upgrade your software (Ver. 7 currently shipping). Addtitionally, if your 1761-CBL-PM02 cable is a series A, it will not work with the 1200. You can either buy a Series B cable, or you can take a pocket knife and trim away some of the plastic from the round mini-din connector. the 1200's com port is slightly "deeper" than the original ML1000's, so the series A cable won't go all the way down into the port. I have made this "field modification" on a couple of series A cables and they will work just fine.

Your version of software will NOT work. I had the exact same problem a few months ago and had to get a later (actually the latest) revision.

If you can't "see" the processor you are programming in the configuration, the revision level generally doesn't support it.