Micrologix 1200 to Micrologix 1500 MSG

seaston_65

Hey everyone,

I've got what I think is just a quick question here.
I'm sending some data from one micrologix to another, there are already some MSG instructions being used, and I'm just adding one to send a fault register to the ML 1500.

My question is, will my code work they way I've got it written here?

I'm looking at the fault Reg (N7:5), anytime it's NOT 0 (as it there is a fault) I want to message the 1500.
I'm moving the fault register into a Temp location (N7:6), and sending the info in N7:6 to the 1500.

N7:5 get's set to 0 at the beginning of the Fault Routine ladder. Which is scaned previously to the Ladder that sends the message.

Now, will the MSG instruction work correctly with the rung going false then next scan?

ML MSG.jpg