micrologix 1400 channel 1

stevedunk

hi,
i am implementing a process controlled by a micrologix 1400 monitored by a HMI over proface ethernet radio,
i need a means of monitoring the channel 1 comms and implementing an orderly shutdown of the process at the PLC if there is a loss of communication between HMI and PLC.
i have had a look, i dont see anything obvious, perhaps someone has a thought on this.

thanks
steve:wish:

stevedunk;543762 i need a means of monitoring the channel 1 comms and implementing an orderly shutdown of the process at the PLC if there is a loss of communication between HMI and PLC. steve:wish:[/QUOTE said:
Can you have the PLC monitor the seconds on the HMI? when they stop updating comms are lost.

Magelis HMI and yes i'd considered monitoring time.
I was looking at using the status file in the 1400 for simplicity,
i will try ES1:5/0 bit and see if it solves my problem.

thanks

Stevedunk,

Are you still looking to do this?

There's a feature built in to Vijeo Designer for each PLC driver called the Dialog Table. One of the functions you can use is Communications Control. I use this to monitor comms.
Vijeo Designer Help said:
Communications Control
This function is a 16 bit word that monitors the Dialog Table for proper operation and ensures the Dialog Tables are synchronized. The value of this word is 0 when the target machine is powered up and then never takes the value 0 again. It increments by 1 during each processing cycle. If the word rolls over, the value changes from 65535 to 1 without passing through 0.

If you're interested in more info on how to set it up, let me know.

G.

hey,
i only just saw your reply, thanks for that , i would be interested in your implementation, i will have a look at this in the help in the meantime.

Hi stevedunk,

I'm not sure if you got any further with your project, but I've just replied in another thread which reminded that you had asked for something similar a while back and I'd forgotten to get back to you. Apologies for that. The attached zip in the thread linked below includes the Communication control that you were interested in...

Clock Sync ~ MicroLogix 1400 to Magelis STU HMI

Regards,
George