Micrologix 1500....max number of pid

bwiring

I need to control about 12 pid loops in a program i am writing. My questions are:

1) is there a max. Number of pid instructions that can be programed with a ml1500.

2) will programing 12 pid's slow down the scan time enough to cause problems.

Any answers or comments would help greatly

1. No there is no max, but the maximum practical number will depend on how much memory you have available.

2. Twelve PIDs will not slow down the scan time very much. Manufacturing and materials handling programs often have 50 or more PID loops. You must set them up correctly, of course!

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I have been working on this for a while now and I can't seem to get it. I was finally able to view the 1500 on the PanelView under the serial...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a 1764 1500 LSP Series A that keeps failing with DTL_E_FAIL I/O error. Searching around it seems there's a weird issue specifically...
Replies
Views
Good Day i Have Micrologix 1500 LSP, and I want to get data from plc and send it through Modbus RTU slave; I have only ch0 on that plc I Order...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, Hope everyone is doing fine. I got an OMRON NS10-TVOOB-V2 hmi screen last day and planning to use it with Micrologix 1500. 1. Is...
Replies
Views
Good morning to all, I need to modify an existing PLC MIcrologix 1500 configured with a Modem on Channel 1 (DF1 Full Duplex) and an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom