Micrologix 1500 Processor and Base unit Rev and Ser

Jasondelane

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm ordering a Micrologix 1500 on eBay for training purposes. Do the Rev and Ser have to match between the processor and base unit? Can't I just set my Rslogix 500 controller settings not to require matching Rev and Ser for test projects? Do I have to have a terminating end cap if I don't have an I/O module installed?

If I I've missed any important questions I should be asking please let me know. I've read the manuals, but want to make sure I'm on the right track.

Thank You

Do the Rev and Ser have to match between the processor and base unit?

No, I have a Ser B and Rev A base unit working with a Ser C Rev D processor unit working together as we speck.

Do I have to have a terminating end cap if I don't have an I/O module
installed?

No.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just saw in the manual where there's an ESD sticker only if you don't have I/O modules. I just ordered a 1764-LSP Ser C Rev A FRN 6, and a 1764-24BWA Ser B Rev A. They were $50 a piece so hopefully they'll play together nicely and not be duds. I've got a ton of switches, din rails, terminal strips, relays, and pilot lights out here to use so I should have something thrown together and running by next weekend.