Micrologix Datalogging

junior

I'm wondering if the ML1400 supports datalogging float numbers or is the datalogging capacity the same as the ML1100?

Also, since the ML1100 doesn't datalog floating numbers, what would be the best workaround? Would it be converting the float to a string and then datalogging?

Jr.

I don't have a ML1100 or a ML1400 to play with. But When I try to program
a floating point number (offline )with a ML1100 it gives me a invalid number error.
It ask for a 16 bit word or 32 bit word. The work around might be using a
"Long" data type and have an implied decimal point.

When trying to program a ML1400 (offline) it took the floating point number without an error flag. Try it if you have a ML1400.

Also, since the ML1100 doesn't datalog floating numbers, what would be the best workaround? Would it be converting the float to a string and then datalogging?

Jr.

You say the ML1100 does not do float so almost certainly it won't do string
the option that will work is integer.
Convert your float into an integer and if need be because its a small number do it with a multiply by 10 or 100 using an integer as the destination as long as the result wont exceed 32767.

The ML1100 does do floats (or they're called longs), it just won't log them using the datalogger function. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to be able to datalog the floating numbers. Not sure why they wouldn't incorporate this as I would think that you'd be logging a float more often then an integer.