MicroLogix1100 reset to default

Pumba

I have recently replaced a MicroLogix1100 due to a solid fault light on the front display. I was wondering if there is a way to reset the processor to the default state so we could use it again for a different purpose, instead of a paper weight.

The LCD screen is not opporational and there is no way to communicate with the processor.

Thanks.

Thank you, but there is no responce from the keypad screen once the processor is connected to supply voltage.

I was looking for the certain pins that could be shorted to create a factory reset.

A solid fault LED is an indication of a hardware failure and is almost always fatal I.E. resetting it to default (which I don't think you can do anyway) won't fix it. Page 186 of the manual (link below) describes the LED's. Having said that, I had one several years ago that got dropped and the fault LED came. I pulled it apart then put it back together and the LED went off and all was OK. I don't remember any details of pulling it apart so I don't really know what I inadvertently fixed so take this info for what it's worth (I'm not recommending you pull yours apart).

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1763-um001_-en-p.pdf

Are you able to go online with it. I don't believe there are pins to short out like an SLC Processor to set back to default.

Even though there is a battery there isn't anyway to clear the memory on a MicroLogix 1100 without going in via software.
FYI, on a SLC5/0X, clearing the memory is done via pulling the battery and waiting for the capacitor to discharge (a couple of minutes, maybe less). You can speed up the process of discharging the capacitor by shorting the pins (which I do) but you must first pull the battery or you will short it and possibly damage it and/or the memory circuit (which I have done šŸ™ƒ)