MicroMaster 420 Manual and Auto Start Command Source

MikeLB56

I am new to configuring the MicroMaster series Drives. I would like to have the option of startin the drive from a start and stop pushbutton through a latching relay circuit to the terminal strip when the switch is in Auto. But if the selector switch is in Manual, only accept a start command from the BOP and ignore the pushbutton start signal. Is this possible through a drive configuration or does this all have to be a hardwired circuit to a DIN on the Drive Terminal?

This is definitely possible. I've set up several machines in this fashion.
It has been a while since. You will have to set up the drive input to select the proper command reference.
ie. In0-command reference 1, In1-command reference 2
command reference 1-analog input (from pot or PLC analog out)
command reference 2-BOP

You'll have to check out the parameters from the manual.

Have fun.

Micromaster 420

Correct me if I understood wrong,

You want to operate both on "TERMINAL MODE" and "BOP" MODE at the same time, using a selector switch to decide it?

Thats not a simple task, coz as far as I remember, the basic parameters, allow only 1 TYPE of INPUT, selecting 1 would disable the other,
However, I recall there are special parameters which allow use of ANALOG and TErminal Input at the same type,
but not sure if BOP and TERM. can be used at a time,
I'm going to watch this thread for some time!

Best of luck!

That is correct. I would like the drive to look to a discrete input (DIN1)for a start signal and continue to run as long as there is 24VDC at that point while my selector switch is in Auto. However, if my selector Switch is in manual, I want the drive to ignore that signal at DIN1 and only start if the operator starts the drive from the BOP. My reasoning for this is there are 8 Motors that will start all at the same time from the same signal on their respective DIN1. However, I need the option to run each motor individually for mainentance reasons.

ok i'll say it once again .. RTFM, the answer is there. if your P0719[0] is set to 0 then set P0719[1] to 10 1->11 2->12. i'm sure that it will work.
have a nice day.

If I get the chance to impliment this theory Ill keep you posted. I have to get the customer to purchase the system first!! THANKS!!!