Micromotion 1700 Transmitter w/AB 1400

bunt1967

I have a project using a Micromotion 1700 Series Transmitter and Allen Bradley 1400 PLC. I need to communicate over RS485 to the AB Channel 0.
Does anyone have any sample code they can send me where they have set this up? I am using it for batch control of liquid flavor.

Thanks

I work with MM meters all the time but have never used the Modbus interface. You could bring in a pulse for the volume or weight of the liquid into the HSC on the 1400. That would would pretty good.

If you give me the model number off the transmitter I can look it up for you.
As for the Modbus Communicatins: I know people who do it and from what they say it is really straight forward. You just use message instructions in the PLC.

The A in the 4 position after the 1700 denotes 1) Analog Output w HART 1) Frequency Output and 1) RS-485 port. So you do have pulse output.
Do you have the Prolink software to configure the meter? You will need that to set up your outputs to work.
Wiring: 1 & 2 for Analog, 3 & 4 for Pulse and 5 & 6 for 485. You can set up the analog and pulse to source the power from the transmitter or from a separate source. You have to set that up with the Prolink software. I normally have the transmitter source the power.
If you have more questions post back.

Thanks..
I am receiving counts from the Micro Motion now. I am now trying to figure out the control of the valve part, not consistent. I just spoke to AB and they gave me some suggestions I am getting ready to try.

Thanks Again..