Migrate Panel View plus to Panel View 800

shashi616

Hi All,

Is there any way by which I can migrate from Panel View + to Panel View 800, I do have backup for Panel View+ & I am looking for ways by which I can migrate.

All suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance.

Just my opinion....
Going from PV+, Im assuming a 1000 or similar model, to the PV800 seems like a big step in the wrong direction.
To me PV800 is a hunk of ****. I use Rockwell religiously, but the PV800 just turns my stomach.

Besides, your using the FactoryTalkView ME software for the PV+, you will be using CCW for the PV800. While I do like CCW, its less than suitable for HMI applications. For smaller applications where a PV800 is considered, I will grab a Weintek IP series, every time!

Also, you will need to re-build your application from scratch.

shashi616 said:
Hi All,

Is there any way by which I can migrate from Panel View + to Panel View 800, I do have backup for Panel View+ & I am looking for ways by which I can migrate.

All suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance.

Migrate? If you are an Arctic Tern, off you go. But if not, then what you have described would not be classed as any type of migration, I'm afraid. They are not directly compatible at many levels...physical design and cut-out, software used, communications options available, and so on. As mentioned, you will have to start from scratch with the CCW application. There is no import option which supports a FactoryTalk View application. You are going from a Control class to a Component class HMI terminal.

If you have a preference for the PanelView 800 terminals, that's fine, but I would advise you to look at the PanelView Plus 6 or PanelView Plus 7 models? One of these would be a more natural migration path for the original PanelView Plus terminals...

52515 - Converting a PanelBuilder32 or FactoryTalk View ME application to a PanelView Component or PanelView 800
Access Level: Everyone

552468 - PanelView Plus to PanelView Plus 6 Migration Guide

505407 - PanelView Plus to PanelView Plus 6: Converting an Existing application
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Just dont go to the new panelview 5310', frankly speaking its more of a pain in the but and lacking compared to the Panel view 800 CCW
give it a few years it'll be a dream ,but for now its just a headache

If you have a preference for the PanelView 800 terminals, that's fine, but I would advise you to look at the PanelView Plus 6 or PanelView Plus 7 models? One of these would be a more natural migration path for the original PanelView Plus terminals...

Regards,
George

This gets under my skin a bit..... We have a lot of older PVP1000 models. Now in order to move forward, they get replaced with the PVP7. However. The older PVP1000 had far fewer restrictions than the newer PVP7. One thing that really gets me , is now I have to buy the "Performance" model, because my application might have too many screens to run on a standard model. The PVP1000 didn't care how many screens there was. So, I stock both standard and performance models, in case the application is under the 25 pop ups and 25 on tops limit. Its a significant price difference.

Then the hole size, of course the new PVP7 equivalent is an inch or so smaller than its PVP1000 predecessor. So you get to buy the $350 mounting bezel and you have to drill your panel for the mounting studs, not good on a food plant floor! Then you throw out your original metal holders apply the crappy plastic clips to hold the PVP7 in place that usually break or end up too loose in the end anyway, leading to a ****ty bead of silicone around the HMI! The PVP1000 was superior to the new stuff. The quality and ease of replacement should get better and easier, not more difficult.

PLC Pie Guy said:
...I use Rockwell religiously...gets under my skin...

That is self flagellation at it's best, my friend. But I hear ya. I can inform you of one thing though, which may not ease your physical woes, but "might" help tip the balance on being able to use the Standard model a bit more?...

PanelView Plus 7 Standard terminals, using revision 9 or 10 firmware and FactoryTalk View v9 or v10, have a limit of 25 Replace and 25 On Top displays. At v11, this was increased to 50 Replace and 50 On Top displays. Also, a patch was made available for v11, which, when applied, changes this limit to 100 displays of either type i.e. no limit on Replace or On Top, up to the maximum of 100 displays.

This technote lists these limits and provides a link to the technote that includes the v11 patch...

703392 - PanelView Plus 7 Standard: Features and Limitations

While I have advised migrating to PanelView Plus 6 or 7 terminals, I wasn't so much touting them as the best option here. I was simply pointing out that they are intended as the more natural migratory option. I could also mention the PanelView 5000 models, which are "slowly" transforming into decent kit with each new iteration. The PanelView 5510 is my goto for the last few projects. I've not found them too painful to design for in View Designer.

PLC Pie Guy said:
...For smaller applications where a PV800 is considered, I will grab a Weintek IP series, every time!...

As a European employee of a US multinational, I am in servitude to my Rockwell enlisted masters. I don't have the luxury of choice, per se. So I do envy you folks who get to raid the Candy Store.

Regards,
George