Migrating IFIX 3.5 to 5.8 (TOP server to IGS)

phuz

It's been a while since I did a big jump like this, and I built a new PC for the client with 5.8 and the latest version of IGS. They were using the TOP server before, and I don't know what the config file is that it used. Since they are basically the same format, I was hoping to just load it into the IGS driver, but I can't even find what I'm looking for.

Hopefully you aren't going to tell me I have to go back to the site and export the TOP server to a csv and import that into IGS. :)

It's been a while since I did a big jump like this, and I built a new PC for the client with 5.8 and the latest version of IGS. They were using the TOP server before, and I don't know what the config file is that it used. Since they are basically the same format, I was hoping to just load it into the IGS driver, but I can't even find what I'm looking for.

Hopefully you aren't going to tell me I have to go back to the site and export the TOP server to a csv and import that into IGS. :)

It would be easiest for you to do that thing :D
I haven't used IGS in a while, but I believe the configs aren't 1:1.

I do seem to remember the config being text based, Seem to remember being able to convert from it when I was migrating stuff over to a historian.

So the extension is the same as the IGS.
And there is no OPF in my project folders. I wonder if its stored somewhere else on their PC.