Minor Fault in AB Control Logix

satish.manda

Hi,
This is satish. My program shows minor fault code - 04 in PLC.
I am using STOD ( String to DINT) Conversion in the logic. The string length is of 12. Can you please help me.
How can we convert that without getting an error.

Hi Satish,

Welcome to the forum,

I am not at work now and do not have access to RS5K. I think each character need a byte to store, so DINT covers only 4 bytes. You may want to try to use an array.

Thanks Chavak

I have copied the string length of 12 into 3 strings of length 4. And i tried to convert those to dint. It was working fine without any error

Similar Topics

Hi, I am using control logix L75 Processor and RS Logix Rev 20.55. During testing i observed a minor error on processor. Minor Error Code from...
Replies
Views
Dear Team, I need experts advice on how to resolve the problem below : We have two 1756-L55 RSLogix5000 Controllers installed in a redundancy...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I was looking thought controller properties and I turned on battery fault in minor faults in controller properties(1756-L62 ver.16.20)and...
Replies
Views
I encountered an error message Type 17 code 11 No idea this error code Anyone know?
Replies
Views
What happens if you let a minor fault keep logging on a 1756-L62S? Will it consume memory and crash the project? I received a call that a machine...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom