mircologix 1500 lrp series b

spidermonkey

Can I hook up a litle water pump off of an output on this. The pump uses 7.5 watts at 120volts.

Is this to much for the relays in the plc or the fact that it is a spinning pump bad.

If so I can wire a relay up

It would probably be just fine, but motors start out as a short circuit when power is first applied...The full load amps just might exceed the amp rating of the relay outputs for a few microseconds.

I'd use a relay just to be safe, since it's much easier to repair if there is a short circuit, or a stalled motor.

If you wire it directly to the PLC relay output, be sure to fuse it at or below the rating of the relay outputs.