error code 8 mircologix 1500

0008 FATAL INTERNAL

SOFTWARE ERROR

An unexpected software error occurred.
• Cycle power on your unit. Then, re-download your
program and re-initialize any necessary data.
• Start up your system.
• Refer to proper grounding guidelines and using
surge suppressors in your controller’s User Manual.
• Contact your local Rockwell Automation
representative if the error persists.

From Page D3

http://support.elmark.com.pl/rockwell/Literatura/instructionset.pdf

Welcome to the Forum !

As you have probably seen in the S:6 Major Error field description, that's an "internal software error".

It is usually caused by the RAM getting scrambled by a voltage spike on the power or an I/O channel. Check to be sure you have the controller solidly grounded, and be sure you're using appropriate transient voltage suppression on any inductive output loads.