Mitsu GX Works 2- bit of word

boomdoom86

Okay everyone, simple question, hopefully.

I'm an AB guy learning Mitsu. I want to use a bit of word as a NO contact.
Ex. I want use the condition of the LSB of register D100 as a NO contact.
In RSL5K, we just use the tag syntax D100.0 but how is this done in GX Works 2?

Hopefully, I'm over thinking this and there is a very convenient way to make this happen.

Please help a rookie.

You don't mention which processor you are using, this is important because some can use the syntax you show (D100.0) others can't it's processor defined (ie FX3g can't but FX3u can).
However you could copy the 'D' file to a 'M' file and use those.

Steve

nehpets, thank you for pointing that out. The processor I'm using is a Q06UDHCPU.

I tried using D100.0 as a NO contact offline and Gx Works 2 accepted the entry. I guess I should have tried that in the first place!!! It looks like this will solve my problem.

Considering your other suggestion of copying the D file to an M file, I tried the following
-[MOV D100 K16M100]- hoping to move the bit values of D100 to M100-M115

I did this out of curiosity but either my syntax is off or I'm using the wrong instruction. For the copying method you suggested, how would you correct my attempt above?

The syntax is wrong it should be [MOV D100 K4M100] The K4 denotes 4 nybbles (nybble = 4bits) therefore K4 = 16 bits

Steve

Wow, I was so close! I had just read in the manual a few weeks ago about how the constant value in these instructions are issued in nibbles:mad:. That's a hard pill to swallow when you've lived AB for so long. Can't believe I missed that.

Thanks Steve:geek:, I now have the basic tools I need to continue my Mitsu journey.

Cheers