Mitsubishi communication loss

Jtang

My HP laptop will lose communication with Mitsubishi PLC occasionally after removing ethernet cable to download from WiFi.

Our company limits the ability to use the wi-fi when I have an ethernet cord connected to my laptop, it has to do with security.

If I am connected to the Mitsubishi PLC, then want to download another file from our autosave, which we connect through the wifi, I have to remove the ethernet cord from my HP laptop to enable the ability to go wireless, however sometimes when I attempt to go online with the PLC after I re-connect my ethernet cable, GX developer will not allow it. I can ping the plc and even go online with other PLCs on the network, but for some reason, the one I was connected to will not connect. I restart my computer and even re-download the file again from autosave but no joy. Its not until an unknown amount of time that it will allow me to re- connect, its as if I lose the socket connection on the plc and it needs time to reopen. I talked to our IT department and they have no ideas.

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Welcome to the forum.

Are you using QJ71E71-100? if so, can you send a screenshot of the buffers configuration for one of the PLC that works and for the one that is causing trouble?

OK, I do not have English version of GxWorks, but I have translated the important parts in my explanation below, so I hope this will be helpful. Going through the details of the meaning of the different options will be a little bit of an excercise, as Mitsubihi uses terms like "unpassive". My advice is that you have a look ad the "Opening Settings" for the QJ71E71-100on the PLC that communicate properly and compare these settings with the one that is causing you problems. If you post the screenshots on your side I can have a look at it.

2021-08-14_Melsec_Ethernetparams.jpg

Just so you know here it is in English, this is not a running system I just junked in some parameters.
Alfredo is probably more up to speed with Ethernet on this platform.

Enet.jpg

Buffer photo

There is nothing there, which I find crazy because all of our machines use ethernet but none of the buffers are set up like it says they should be in the manual. I included a photo but it shows nothing registered. Thank you for your response.

Sta 40 buffer.PNG

First of all, what model PLC have you got is it the older Q series i.e. Q02, Q06
with A Q71-100 Ethernet module
etc. or is it QxxUDH etc. (built in Ethernet).
We need to know what is the model & type of Ethernet.
If A Q71-100 then it is possible that your project on disk has not got the PLC parameters on it only the program, I suggest you take a copy of the original file on disk & save it as something else, use that so you still have an original copy, then go -on-line & upload the PLC parameter from the PLC, then check the settings.
Unfortunately I cannot try anything in GXWorks as the last one I did using the Qj71-100 was using GXIEC Developer & I do not have any hardware, it is possible that for some reason the file you have on disk has not got the PLC Parameter settings.
Look at the PLC Parameters to see what you have in I/O configuration.

QJ71.png

Last edited: