Mitsubishi FX-32MT-ESS won't start

Hello to all,

I have a piece of equipment with a Mitsubishi FX-32MT-ESS PLC in it. For about a week or so we have had a problem starting it up. I have 120 VAC going to the L and N terminals it never falters but some times I do not get the PLC to power up (no green power LED). Now if it does power up I also do not get one of the outputs to fire when it should.

Would you assume the not powering up problem is on the power supply board? Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one. I Googled the part number on the board (jy331b52701f) but did not find any.

Even though this model is transistor output it appears to have a relay just before the output connector on each output. My first guess is that the relay is bad. I think I will wait until the power up issue is resolved to see if this problem stays after that.

I have a new surplus PLC on the way but I would like to repair this one and have it or the new one as a spare.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

A quick and dirty fix - shove a sepearte 24V regulated dc supply on the plc's 24+ and 0V terminals. The plc will work without the 110V ac.

If it's a power supply failure - it should now be ok

Thanks to all

Thank you all especially Ronnie Sullivan. I did not try that today before I got in one of my co-workers replaced all of the caps on the supply board and it seems to be working.