Mitsubishi FX0N

Dave Steer

Hi everyone
This should be an easy one. I have to upload the program from a mitsubishi FX0N PLC but I cant connect to it. I have a F2-232CAB plugged into a FX-20P-CADP lead, so my first question is this the correct leads?
I have FX-Win, Medoc and Melsoft software, but none would allow me to connect to the PLC. I have a lot of different manufactures software on my laptop, and havent used Mitsubishi for a long time so I have a feeling that the software is conflicting. I just want to check before I tell my boss he needs to buy me another laptop. The only other thing I could think of was does the PLC need to be in program mode to upload? The PLC is on a hospital generator system, so putting it into program mode is not an option.

Thanks everyone
Dave

Dave.

You need either an SCO-3 or an SCO-9 cable with a DIN adapter. These 2 cables contain RS232 - RS422 converters and the port on the PLC is RS422.

You need an SC09 lead (it comes with the adapter for the FX0N)
For uploading you do not need to go to programming mode
just - online - read from PLC - check all the box's and upload.