Mitsubishi FX1N 40 MR I/O's turning off

bdkw1001

Having an random problem with this PLC. The inputs and output turning off then suddenly turning back on. Still have 24 VDC on the inputs and 120 VAC to the PLC. Wondering if anyone has ran into this before? Thinking it is my neutral dropping out somewhere or the 120 VAC is fluctuating, possibly something internal with the circuit boards? Not sure at this point, it does not happen enough to really troubleshoot well. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Having an random problem with this PLC. The inputs and output turning off then suddenly turning back on. Still have 24 VDC on the inputs and 120 VAC to the PLC. Wondering if anyone has ran into this before? Thinking it is my neutral dropping out somewhere or the 120 VAC is fluctuating, possibly something internal with the circuit boards? Not sure at this point, it does not happen enough to really troubleshoot well. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Hello,
Is there somewhere that a cordset or something could be worn and shorting to ground occasionally thus dropping out the 24VDC? If all of the inputs are dropping at the same time I would suspect this.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Wire in a relay with a test button to the 24 v supply through a N.O. contact . Press the test button to fire the relay . If there IS a problem with the 24 v supply , then the relay will have dropped out .

Paul