Mitsubishi Melsoft GX Q - Battery Backed Values

Richard250891

I'm translating a program from RSLogix500 to Mitsubishi Q type plc, using Melsoft GX, and I just need to know which vales of Counters, Timers and Data Registers have their values backed up by the battery, so that they remain the same if the power is turned off and back on. I think it's the values over 200 (i.e. T4:200) in the RSL software, but I can't find anywhere that says if this is the same for the Mitsu software.

Or is this not possible with this software, and I'll need to write MOV functions of Constants instead?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

I'm translating a program from RSLogix500 to Mitsubishi Q type plc, using Melsoft GX, and I just need to know which vales of Counters, Timers and Data Registers have their values backed up by the battery, so that they remain the same if the power is turned off and back on. I think it's the values over 200 (i.e. T4:200) in the RSL software, but I can't find anywhere that says if this is the same for the Mitsu software.

Or is this not possible with this software, and I'll need to write MOV functions of Constants instead?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

See this thread:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=85235

With the Q series the devices you want to be battery backed are defined in the PLC parameters under the device tab.

Dave

edit: Looks like Goody beat me to it.:)