Mitsubishi Q series: Adding new modules

intelligent modules must ALWAYS be defined before they are fitted to the backplane, otherwise the CPU will drop into ERR (as you previously seen) with a "PAR ERROR".

Modify the parameter file to reflect the new IO setup, then add the card.

Obviously be aware that the CPU will need to stop, so ensure the plant is safe to turn off for a little while.

Once downloaded the errors should clear with a reset and you should get the RUN light back on.

Normally each slot has 16 bits reserved by default, so in your case this is fine (leave XY assignment as is).
Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
Here's the module I intend to replace, highlighted:

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Put the new card in then power back up, you can configure the module afterwards.
If you download the configuration first it may go into stop as it will not detect the card, although once you fit the card it will go back into run.

Put the new card in then power back up, you can configure the module afterwards.
If you download the configuration first it may go into stop as it will not detect the card, although once you fit the card it will go back into run.
Is this different to what collinsd70 said? He's suggesting module should be configured first, then inserted.
Maybe both ways are possible.