Mitsubishi Q series: Adding a QX10 Digital Input module...

Mas01

I need to add a QX10 module to our PLC because we've run out of DI channels. Does this module need to be configured in a similar way to the analogue inputs, i.e. UG\xx commands? From what I've seen in GX developer, there's no code called DIGITAL (but there is a code section called ANALOGUE).
Thanks

No just use the X number it is configured to i.e. if a 16 way card & the slot is addressed as X40-X57 then use them directly just as the other there is no setting up just tell the PLC parameter it's a 16 bit Input and the XY Start address (assuming it has not been allocated). Then just download the Updated PLC Parameter

No just use the X number it is configured to i.e. if a 16 way card & the slot is addressed as X40-X57 then use them directly just as the other there is no setting up just tell the PLC parameter it's a 16 bit Input and the XY Start address (assuming it has not been allocated). Then just download the Updated PLC Parameter

Brilliant, I really appreciate the replies because I'm self-taught and at work I'm the PLC 'expert' (which isn't saying much!).

One more question...the 'thickness' of the wires connected to the QX10 module - does it matter what they are? I measured the wires connected to the front of the existing QX10 with a Vernier and it's 3.5mm. I was wondering if I need to buy some wire of the same thickness or can I use some other wires from our store room which are about 2.5mm thickness? Thanks

Inputs are very low current draw we used 1mm Squared for I/O I have seen 0.75mm squared before typical current on inputs is 10-15ma so very small.

I've added the QX10 module (rack 0 slot 7, blue wires). The wires are not connected to any devices yet, they just go to terminal strip and finish there. The module has no lights on it. However, the existing QX10 modules (black wires) have some lights on...see pictures.
Do these lights come on once a device is connected? Thanks

IMG_20211116_154930.jpg IMG_20211116_154936.jpg

The LED's only come on when true so if no connection and energised they will be off, I don't think these cards have power/diagnostic LED's