Mitsubishi Q series Array Tag

dan137uk

Hi All i am having a little trouble getting a array tag info out using DDe in excel
its from a mitsubishi Q series plc. i am using MX4 software.

i can get info from all the other tags, just not the array tags. its a 40 Tag Array

This is what I have in my Variable Tag folder

Variable Tag Name: S1_ups1_array
Data Type: REAL
I/O Device Name: AM1
Address: ZR005420[40]

I have tried these tags below changing the address to [1] and so on

Variable Tag Name: S1_ups1_aa
Address: ZR005420[1]

Variable Tag Name: S1_ups1_ab
Address: ZR005420[2]

Also tried
Variable Tag Name: S1_ups1_ab
Address: ZR005420.2
i am entering in Excel

Citect|variable!S1_ups_ab

and trying to get the info directly from the address i know its going to be very long winded.

any little pointers would be very greatful
Cheers
Dan

Last edited:
Not sure with this software but when reading an array from KEPServerEX in Excel you have to select a range of cells equal to the number of array elements and then type in the DDE Link Formula. So, for a 5 element array I might select cells A1-A5 and type =<Application Name>|<Topic Name>!<Array address>

Hit enter and it should parse the array elements to each cell.

Cheers Fred. I think it could be an Address problem with the Array. The array has [40] elements to it, and the address in the tag for the start of the array is ZR005420 the next Tag in line is ZR005500 so there are 80 point between each tag, I have just tried creating new tags with these new points ie ZR005421,ZR005422,ZR005423 but still unable to any info from any part of the array.
Cheers
Dan