ML1210 to IDEC HMI (HG1X) comm. problem

vdubguy

I am trying to get a 2 port micrologix 1200 to communicate with an IDEC HMI (HG1X) with a pc connected to each. I don't get any comm. between the plc and hmi. (all exclamations) when set to DF1. Out of desparation, (after calling AB and IDEC), I set the pc connected to the 1200 to DH485. Now it is communicating, but it is invalid data. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Did you set everything to match, by defaut the ML1200 uses DF1 at 19200K baud, parity none, 1 stop bit, no handshaking and ID address 1. Verify the PC(s), plc, hmi all have a unique address.

Some ML1200 have a toggle switch under the door that will allow you to switch between default and user configured if it has been configured. This info is in Chapter 4 of the manual.