ML1400 integer>float conversion

schwarz633

I'm reading some data from a device using Modbus TCP and am having some difficulty getting the two 16 bit words converted to FP. I've done something similar with an SLC-5/04 with weigh scales on R-I/O. In that case I had used something like:
COP I:20 > N7:1 length 1
COP I:21 > N7:0 length 1
COP N7:0 > F8:0 length 1
and it worked fine.

In the ML1400 I discovered that the 3rd COP needed to be a CPW, but I'm still not getting good values. Here's what the manual from the device states:

984 Floating point: Intel single precision real. First register contains bits 15 … 0 of 32 bit number (bits 15 … 0 of significand). Second register contains bits 31 … 16 of 32 bit number (exponent and bits 23 … 16 of significand).

I've tried reversing the words as well as straight with no success. Is it possible that the bits need to be flipped from end to end? Any ideas?

The solution was to set the length of the CPW to 2, and not reversing the order of the two integers containing the FP data. N10:0 is the destination in the Modbus TCP read MSG instruction.

CPW N10:0 > F8:0 length 2