ML1400 MSG help needed

ScottC

Hello all,

I'm tasked with getting 2 of our machines to turn on an output in a 3rd machine's plc. I'm halfway there. One plc is on the same DH+ network and I have that working. That was from one 5/04 to the target processor which is also a 5/04. My problem is getting the 1400 which is on ethernet to cross networks through to the DH+ plc. I keep getting D7h "connection refused by host". I've tried some different values for the remote bridge ID, but nothing changes.

Checking the statistics on the DHRIO it appears to be the one doing the rejects. My hop table is ML1400 port 1 to 192.168.0.203, then logix backplane slot 0, then 1756 DHRIO ChA link ID 01, then to DH/DH+ remote station 16o.

Attached is the WhoIS of the networks. You can see I'm trying to MSG from the ML1400 at the top to the 5/04 I have highlighted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. And if you need anymore info, just ask!

Thanks,
Scott

CommsPath.png

Can you msg a bit from the 1400 to the .203 PLC, and then have that PLC set the bit for KEMPDRY?

I would imagine you CAN find a way bridge the traffic through .203 but maybe you cant set an output bit true that way.

I'm not an expert in doing this with MicroLogix 1400, but it looks like the MicroLogix RI routing table includes all the CIP information so that the full path goes THROUGH the DHRIO to one of its channels and to a DH+ station number.

Did you configure the DH+ message in the MicroLogix 1400 as "Local" or "Remote" ? I think you can do this as a Local message, so you don't need to designate or configure any Link IDs in the DHRIO's internal routing table.

I think the only mistake might be the Slot number in your Multi-Hop path; the DHRIO is in Slot 1 in that chassis.

ML1400_DHRIO.PNG

YAY! Friday Success!

Thank you guys for your help!

It turned out that there were a couple issues preventing the completion of this. Ken, the SLOT # was the big one. Jeez it was right there in front of my face too. I had read the "module config" and it shows CH A & B were slot 0. Once I set my slots straight, no more errors-DN bit triggered....But no results at the target. Or so I thought. Recalling one of the suggestions I read in another thread last night after posting, the person had said "are you sure something elsewhere in the program isn't overwriting your subroutine commands?". As the case was for me, something else on the network. The previous machine I had finished was overwriting the datafile at the target plc. I was using N21:33 in both machines. Since I was using bits and not math at the target, I just used a different data file (N21:34). And viola! I toggled my test bit, looked up on the big screen and watched the status turn green, and about 5 seconds later I heard the unit spool up. I then added some timing stuff to limit the MSG to only when needed because our DH+ network is taxed pretty heavily. All that remains is to limit the MSGing on the other machine.

Thanks again! This site has always been so helpful. I miss it. I don't do programming much at all anymore so I haven't been around. I'm glad to see it's still up and running. Cheers! 🍻

Scott

PS: Attached is the final working configuration of my MSG file.

Works MSG11.PNG MSG 11 Hop path.PNG