ML1400 AB_ETH_TCPIP DHCP MSG Help

CTC-GUY

Hi,
I Think I Might Have 1 Problem(s) w/MSG Logic, Never Used MSG's Before.
This Is a Home Training Project, To Get This Far Took Some Learning Curve.
HMI Requires w/Ethernet-ABEN (Allen Bradley Driver) MSG's, Bootp Not Supported w/ABEN
AB.com Seach For ABEN Nothing/Maybe w/a Tech Connect Acct, Which Work No Longer Supports.
Thanks To All For Viewing & Helping

Already Established a DF1 RS232 Network w/ML1400 & HMI Works Perfect
Also a WiFi Only w/PC & ML1400-Working
Wanted To Attempt The Ethernet Network w/HMI-Ethernet/Uncharted Waters!

Using w/The HMI Ethernet Port:
PLC Sending/Write-MSG Data, Present In Nxx:x Image Table
CTC-P41/HMI: Allen Bradley Driver [ABEN] Correct Version/Verified w/Parker Automation/CTCUSA
(Interact v7.0 : EX-83153-611 EX-83151-613)
HMI Not Displaying Write Data.
MSG Write Error Code (Hex)d6 (Reserved w/AB)

MSG-READ Same Thing, Not Showing In PLC Nxx:x
MSG Read Error Code (Hex)d6 (Reserved w/AB)

RUN/CMD/IPConfig /all
RS500 Ethernet Network [DHCP] Working/All Nodes-0-2(HMI) 10/100-T Based-TX(F/H) Incl: Pinging
On Both RSlinks [v2.54] Networks, AB_ETH & AB_ETH_TCPIP

From PC-ETH/LinkSys WGT54GS v7.0/Hirschmann Spider 5TX Rail Switch/ML1400-CH1/CTC-P41 HMI/ETH-Port
(Rail Switch, 5 x 10/100BASE-TX, TP cable, RJ45 sockets, auto-crossing, auto-negotiation, auto-polarity)

Addtl Specs:
ML1400 (Label) 1766-L32BXB Ser B FW 11
RS500/Processor Status/Proc [Tab]
OS Series B
OS FRN 13.0
Processor Cat# 1766-LEC
Processor Series B
Processor FRN 3.0

RS500 v8.31.01 (CPR9)
RSLink v2.54

CTC P41-3T7-I1-2A3 (10" P266Mhz,32bit,CF&IDE-SSD, CDROM, 144MB Floppy, 4 Expansion Slot BUS)

Can Submit PLC RS500 .RSS Program, @This Time, Noticed I Need To zip It.
Would Like Someone To Review Logic & See If Logic Is Good or Not
Thanks
Will Edit Post ASAP w/PLC Program zip file

RSLink.JPG

Normally, an HMI (any) will not require any message logic in order to read and write data in a PLC.

RSLinx is irrelevant to the communication between your HMI and the PLC.

I don't know anything about CTC/Parker HMIs. I had to replace one once, but it was almost ten years ago. We got demo software, dumped it's brains in and installed it.

What is the IP address of your HMI?

The HMI will need to be in the same network with the PLC and will need to know the IP address of the PLC in order to poll it for data and get responses. Unless another CTC guy comes along, you'll have to help us figure out how to go about setting up those IP addresses.

Last edited:
If that HMI runs a 1.44 inch floppy and a Pentium at 266 MHz, then it's likely that it was designed and built years before the A-B "EtherNet/IP" protocol was developed and the MicroLogix 1400 was released.

I've read a brief user manual for the "ABEN" driver, whose name even suggests it's the old A-B Ethernet proprietary driver. It mentions the SLC-5/05, which came out in 1993, but the driver manual I read was published in 2000 and mentions only the PLC-5E and SLC-5/05, not any MicroLogix equipped with Ethernet.

MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 controllers, like the ControlLogix family, support only the modern EtherNet/IP protocol. The SLC-5/05 and PLC-5E support both the old proprietary protocol and the modern one.

Get Wireshark out and look to see if it's trying to connect on TCP Port 2222 (the old A-B Ethernet protocol) or on TCP Port 44818 (EtherNet/IP).

Unless the device is known to support MicroLogix 1400 and the EtherNet/IP protocol, then you're probably not going to succeed in connecting the two.

If the CTC device supports Modbus/TCP, the MicroLogix 1400 (Series B) also supports that protocol. which might be one way to connect the two devices.

Ken Your Right, Interact v6.0 Does Not Support MicroLogix 1400
Interact v7.0 Will Micrologix 1100, ENI-MICROLOGIX, EN-SLC5, ENI-PLC5
LOGIX and a Few Others.
I Could Ping The HMI On The Network, No Exchanging Data.
Problem Turned Out To Be
UPDATE: 11/10/16 Solved
Using Wrong Allen Bradley (ABEN) Driver, PLC Type Selection For Ethernet Network
Was Using ENI-MICROLOGIX" HMI Screen Display ( ! ) = No Send/Rcvd Eth Data
Correct PLC Type MICROLOGIX 1100 For The MicroLogix 1400 Processor,
Use Indirect Addressing, No RS500 MSG Read/Write PLC Logic Required

PLC Bit To HMI Bit (Tag Editor) Tag Editor Same As RS232/DF1 SLC5 ABEN\1$N7:0,0

For The IP Network, PLC and HMI Supports DHCP, HMI Does Not Support Bootp
To Get The HMI To Toggle To DHCP, Enter IP 0.0.0.0. (Will See DHCP Enabled)
(In The HMI MachineShop Shell Menu Selections) Mask 255.255.255.0
ML1400 (DHCP) Auto Negotiate 10/100 F/Half Duplex, Locked In @ 100T
0 ETH Data Xfer Errors, SMPT & HTTP I Left Unchecked
HMI Interact Tag Editor Format Same As The (ABDH) SLC5 Driver DF1 RS232
ABEN\1&N7:0,0 (Ethernet)
ABDH\1&N7:0,0 (DF1-RS232)
(Driver)\(PLC Node)$Bit, Integer,,,,,,,