ML1400 PTO Accel/Decel Pulses Independent

jghleiva

Hi everyone,

I setting a PTO instruction with different Accel/Decel in ML1400 (ADI=1). According to the manual:
“If separate acceleration and deceleration profiles are desired, you must choose a long integer file number and a starting element. There must be four long elements available in the file”
“ADP-Accel/Deccel Pulses or File:Elem, If ADI=1”

I chose a four element Long integer data file (“Element 1: Acceleration Count,Element 2: Deceleration Count, Elements 3 and 4: Reserved”) and I make sure that the number of pulses are correct ( “the maximum ADP value that may be entered without causing a fault [(PTOX:0.TOP/2) -2]”). I tried to copy the file using a CPW instruction and a MOV, it didn’t work. Error code -3

“Acceleration Count and Deceleration not defined during going to run mode when Accel/Decel Pulses Independent (ADI) is set (1).”

What should be entered in the function file ADP? Or how should I enter a reference to the four long element integer file?

In the PTO Function File, right-click on the value field for ADP, select "Select Independent Accel/Decel Value Location" from the popup menu. Enter the address of the first element of your Long data file (i.e. L9:0) in the dialog that appears. This value will be encoded into a hex number and inserted in the value field.

Very easy once you know the trick! (I had to consult the Knowledgebase to find it.) (y)

Hi, i am having problems with the same issue, when I turn the machine on I have to manually set the long address again, haw can I automated it with the use of the first pass bit?

I have to manually change the bit and remove the fault on the PLC, how do you solve this issue?

Regards
Thank you for responding to my questions so quickly. You have been very helpful (y)