ML1500 Fault with IQ6XOW4 Module

loundeb2

Hi,
I have an AB Micrologix 1500BXB Ser.B, with LRP Ser.C processor, 1769-IQ6XOW4 Ser.B expansion module, and 1769-ECR endcap. I configured and read the IO's through DF1 in RSLinx and downloaded my program. As soon as I set it to run, I get a fault S:187. "The configuration in the user program did not match the actual configuration or module in slot one not found or data size of module greater than what it is capable of holding".
The IQ6XOW4 module has Input Word set to 1 and Ser.B selected in configuration, all zero's in generic extra data config.
I've tried reconfiguring, removing and replacing modue and endcap, uploading and downloading various configurations, but can't stop it from faulting to S:187 as soon as I go to run.
What could be the problem?

Attached File. Using RSLogix 500English V7.1
Thanks,
Lou

Last edited:
Hi,I swapped the IQ6XOW4 module for a 1769-IQ16 in slot one and a 1769-OW8 in slot two. I reconfigured my program, downloaded it and it ran good for over an hour. Soon after disconnecting from RSLinx, I saw the plc in fault again, I reconnected rslinx and found the same S6:187 fault. this time when I tried to read the IO, the slot 1&2 modules disappear?!? WTF!?!?