Renu hmi with ml1500

advmin

Hi all,

PLC : Micrologix 1500 lrp
HMI : Renu FP3070 TN

I am a beginner in the plc world.
I am trying to connect the renu hmi with ML1500 lrp in channel 1 with RS 232 cable.
The software for Renu hmi is Flexisoft.

How can I establish the communication between the HMI and the plc so that I can energize input through it?

In the rslogix, I had configured channel 1 as 9600 baud rate and df1 full duplex.

In the HMI software, selected ML1500 and configured the same baud rate.

Could anyone please guide me on how to connect a different hmi with ML 1500?

cheers

No, I have connected the HMI with the Plc channel 1 port through Rs 232
How to find out whether they are communicating or not?
I checked the rslinx but was unable to get a lead due to unfamiliarity with this setup

I am not familiar with that HMI but I would recommend that you use its programming software to create a tag addressing the PLC and use it on a display page, download it and see what you get.

If you use the address S:4 you should see a rapidly changing number. That is the system free running clock that increments every scan.

Thanks, guys for your replies.
The issue was with the baud rate configured in channel 1.
After setting it to 9600, everything works fine.

I would recommend that you use its programming software to create a tag addressing the PLC and use it on a display page

Now the communication is working fine. Thanks for your suggestion OkiePC and DarryIR

cheers