Mlogix and pv300

HI
The cable 2711-NC21 or 22 has 9 pin one side and 8 pin (round shape) the other side how this cable can be connected to laptop with serial com port as I mentioned the PV 300 has 9 pin port not 8 pin .Thanks

Sorry about that, you will need a straight thru cable for the PC to PV connection. Local electronic store should have them.

HI Mickey
Thanks for all the help and support. I managed to upload but not able to download and message on pv screen is node not found with error number 612 or 613. I will post when download is successful.
Thanks again

When the panelview is connected to your PC rather than the PLC, it may report the PLC as missing, so the error message on the Micro screen may be normal until the file transfer starts, then it should display a bar graph % complete.

The PanelBuilder32 download utility should have a pop up window with a list of steps and a green checkbox next to each as it completes.

What does that window reveal when you download/upload?

HI I did not pay attention what was displayed after the upload was completed and download was failed.I will try again later today and results will be posted. Thanks.

HI Mickey
Thanks for all the help and support. I managed to upload but not able to download and message on pv screen is node not found with error number 612 or 613. I will post when download is successful.
Thanks again

As OkiePC said those are communication errors when the PV is trying to talk to the PLC. My guess is the download was successful and now you need to connect it to the PLC.

Have you configured the PLC's port for DH485?

Can you post the file you are trying to download to the PV ( zip it first) ?

commerrors.png

I was able to upload & download using pc and pv 300 without any error.The problem was that I did select wrong type of pv 300 for download. Once again I like to thank everybody for their input and help,no doubt I could not have done without you guys.
Perspolis