Modbus Pinout Help; Please!

I have a project that the pinout for various components is starting to make me doubt myself. I am hoping someone on here can confirm or correct my pinouts. The various tech support people are giving conflict information

First Connection A: TSXETG100 (DTE) RJ45 RS233 to 25pin DDS/MR64 Modem (DCE)

ETG100 MR64
1(DSR)----6(DSR)
2(RLSD)---8(RLSD)
3(DTR)----6(DSR)
4(SigGND)-7(SigGND)
5(Rx)-----3(Rx)
6(Tx)-----2(Tx)
7(CTS)----5(CTS)
8(RTS)----4(RTS)

I've been thinking about forgetting about the TSXETG100 and going straight from the Quantum PLC modbus port (DTE) directly to the DDS/MR64 Modem (DCE) 25pin serial port with the following pinout

9pin to 25pin
2 ------- 3
3 ------- 2
5 ------- 7
4 -| |- 4
6 -| |- 5

7 -|
8 -|

On the 9pin end 4 jumps to 6 & 7 jumps to 8
On the 25pin end 4 jumps to 5

Second Connection A: BM85 Mux (DTE?) to DDSMR64
When metered out an existing cable found the following connection:

Male 25pin Male 9pin
2---------------3
3---------------2
6---------------6
7---------------1
20--------------4
Again this seems to contradict the DTE to DCE rule of straight through. Is the BM85 a DTE or DCE?

If I were doing it I would do, Second Connection B:
9pin to 25pin
2 ------- 3
3 ------- 2
5 ------- 7
4 -| |- 4
6 -| |- 5

7 -|
8 -|

On the 9pin end 4 jumps to 6 & 7 jumps to 8
On the 25pin end 4 jumps to 5

Any help in this would be much appreciated. The pinout for the DDS/MR64 can be found:
http://www.arcelect.com/DDS-MR64_DSU-CSU_Manual.htm (Chapter 3)

Thanks,
Tim

If you are interested in the application see below:
I maintain and upgrade a SCADA (Wonderware) for monitoring in and controlling multiple liftstations and pumphouses from a central locations. All the remote facilities have modicon 984 PLCs and DDS/MR64 modems over Modbus RTU. The main pumphouse where the operator sits has a modem for each facility that are connected to BM85 muxes (MB to MB+) which is connected to the SCADA host PC running InTouch 9.5 and a SA85 MB+I/O Server.

A new facitity was recently built and employs a Quantum PLC with an NOE card. The NOE is connected to a switch. The TSXETG100 is also connected to the switch. I am confident the new topic definition an access name are configured correctly on the SCADA. I am sure the BM85 is configured correctly. The TSXETG100 I am 95% sure it is configured properly. The I/O server is still not seeing the new Quantum PLC leading me to believe there is cabling issue somewhere.

Can someone at least confirm or deny that DTE-DCE is straight through and DCE-DCE is X-over. What I find on the net and what others have told me is conflicting

Yep.
See PDF below. X-over is usually a Ethernet term. Null-Modem for serial communications.

Thanks Mickey...I have this document...has been very helpfull. The tech support for the modem was giving contradictory advice.

I'll work out the pinouts again and give it another shot..once I get it working I'll post the results just in case anyone has questions in the future for these specific components.

Thanks again,

Tim