ModBus RTU communication Problem

adnan_hayat88

I am trying to communicate a ModBus RTU device with Cimplicity. The problem is that the device is giving response on Dos prompt MB Test command but when I configure it in Cimplcity it does not communicate at all. Any ideas? Real stuck here :(

I'm not familiar with your programs but whenever I try to do anything Modbus I try to find one register (date or internal temp or something you can recognize) and work with just that one value until you can read or write to it. Often there is an offset and it's easier to deal with just one point. Also if you are asking for a range and the offset takes you outside of a valid range you can get nothing back. Get that one point reading then expand from there.

Good luck,

Kraken Fan #69

AFAIK all Cimplicity HMI/SCADA versions can talk Modbus RTU, but for someone to help you, they will need to know what driver you are using and maybe it's version number.