Modicon 984 PLC Time settings

my manual says...

..and the following (USA) data format:

4XXXX The control register
Bit 1 (MSB) 1 = set clock values
Bit 2 1 = read clock values

and so on as mentioned in previous posts.

Is it possible that the non-USA data format is in play here?

Brian.

Last edited:
AHA it finally worked!

To explain:
I read the registers 40671 to 40677 on InTouch as "existing time"
40678 is set as a constant value 57344
40679 is set as a constant value 24576
40661 to 40667 are my input values from InTouch
I enter my updated times in these registers.
When bit 00696 is triggered, the valued in the upper block moves are transferred.
On the next scan, when 00696 negetive transitions, the time of day clock is set back to running.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your post. I tried it out and it didn't work for me at first and I was pulling my hair out. I cursed the Modicon PLC for not being an Allen-Bradley and then I cursed myself for not being able to programme a simple piece of code.

After calming down, I took a more logical route and talked things out with a colleague of mine who questioned everything I did. And one of his questions sent 1000 little light bulbs off in my head!

Solution:- When I created my Intouch tags, my engineering units and raw units were capped at 32767. Changing this to 65535 resulted in my time being successfully changed.

Excuse/Reason/Get out of Jail Card:-

I haven't used Intouch in over 2 years!! :)

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, it was very much appreciated.

Regards,

Colm

using ProWorx
In your controller configuration select time of day clock and set your first 4x register.
load program, go to hardware clock select the day and auto set.
you need 8 4x registers
4XXX1 contains control bits from left not AB right.
bit 1 = set clock value
2 = read " " " "
3 = done
4 = error
4xxx2 = day of week 1-7
4xxx3 = month
4xxx4 = date
4xxx5 = year
4xxx6 = hours
4xxx7 = minutes
4xxx8 = seconds

Want me to tell you how to make WW work?

Man, I got a really big Dongle!