Modicon Gould 584 Error Code dEAd40

ntop

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me in regular language what the fault code dEAd40 on a Modicon/Gould 584 controller actually means and how to resolve it?

I don't have any more information or access to the program, other than someone I used to work with called me and asked if I might be able to dig up some info on what this fault code actually means.

Thanks in advance.

Some screenshots from user manuals:

gould584dEAd40.png Modicon584dEAd40.png

Looks like they should first replace the I/OP board. If that doesn't cure the problem, replace the CPU board. I don't remember enough about the 584 to be able to say whether replacement of either of those boards will mean they also have to download the program after the replacement.
If you google "Modicon 584 error codes" the first item is a link to the maintenance manual.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response.

I tried to google I/OP Board and wasn't able to come-up with anything....

Do you happen to know what this is? Is it an I/O board which is built into the controller? Is it referring to an I/O board which is external? I/O power board?

I did a search on a few variations of I/OP in the user manual and wasn't able to identify anything..

Thanks.

It has been more than thirty years since I last worked on a 584. Chapter 2 of the maintenance manual describes the I/OP board as well as the rest of the cards in the main processor rack. It looks like all of the "dEAd" fault codes have to do with the main processor hardware and I think "dEAd" should be taken literally rather than interpreted as hex characters. The processor is "dEAd" until you can correct the fault.

Last edited: