Monitoring Remote PLC(SLC5/05)

anks

hi,

i was wondering if can monitor & make real time changes to the program inside the remote plc (SLC 5/05) through broadband internet in my office, & what would be the best possible way to achieve that??

thanks

How are you hooked to it? If you can ping it, you should be able to work on it. On our remote systems (they have PCs) I use apps like remote desktop sharing and webex like clients. We use the remote pc to access them, as the customers IT policy usually does not allow direct access (not to mention the non routable IP). Do you have a pc on the local lan?

Well, it will all depend on your local LAN and how its connected to the net, etc. Can you give it a real IP, can the IP be routed through the firewall, NAT, etc. The great thing about net, is that you can reach anything, as long as its routable. So, in order for you to access it directly from a remote location, your going to have to establish a direct connection. This means a real world routable IP on the SLC or some kind of local LAN infrastructure to allow the SLC to be seen from the outside world and be routed too. Its really an IT question at this time.