Mov instruction AB RSlogix Ladder Logic

jwswanger

Allen Bradley Rslogix5000, using move instruction but can seeem to input a correct destination address. Any suggestions? Im using a AB Compact logic 1769 PLC and a magelis HMI. Im using a analog address as source but cant get my reading to MOve to my destination address.

Allen Bradley Rslogix5000, using move instruction but can seeem to input a correct destination address. Any suggestions? Im using a AB Compact logic 1769 PLC and a magelis HMI. Im using a analog address as source but cant get my reading to MOve to my destination address.

There's a lot of missing information, and a lot of possibilities there why the MOV isn't working. Is the routine where the MOV is being called? Is the destination address an existing tag, and are you sure it is typed in exactly right? Syntax is crucial in RS5k. Try posting a screenshot of the offending bit of code, or at least type out the mnemonic of the code, i.e.:

Code:
XIC Test_Move_Trigger BST MOV Analog_Value Storage_Tag NXB OTU Test_Move_Trigger BND

Something like that. The more information you give, the better help we can return.

Welcome to the forum!

Mov Source Analog_0(local:3:I.Ch0Data) Dest PSI(local:3:I.Ch0Readback) No trigger, just want to move the valve so that i can see on display, Cant seem to get the magelis to just see the analog address so thought i could use the move instruction to send to another address that the magelis can understand like a direct input or something of that nature, not real familiar with AB, normally use Idec for simple control but try to manage this customers prefrence. Ive never been in this situation to get a AB product to work with a Sneider Electric product.

forgive me if i dont make a whole lot of sense, writing the logic was the easy part but getting the PLC to talk to this particular HMI seems to be a chore, using the HMI to do the analog scaling as well, but just cant see it in its assigned register.

forgive me if i dont make a whole lot of sense, writing the logic was the easy part but getting the PLC to talk to this particular HMI seems to be a chore, using the HMI to do the analog scaling as well, but just cant see it in its assigned register.

It seems like you are trying to write to an invalid address. It appears to be part of the structure of the Analog Input card itself. Can you not make a tag of type Real, and call it something like, "Analog_Disp_Value" and use that as your Destination address? I'm not familiar with the HMI you are using, so I don't know what types of tags it will read.

Dest PSI(local:3:I.Ch0Readback)

Looks to me like you are trying to write your data back into an input.