Msg Instruction error Solution

It sounds like you are using an Allen-Bradley MicroLogix controller, but you need to specify exactly what controller you are using and how it is physically connected to the RS-485 network.

I think Error code #1 is an ordinary connection error; the Modbus Slave device didn't respond.

So start troubleshooting your settings and your physical connection. If you want help troubleshooting, post as many details as you can about the devices and how you have connected them.

RS-485 is notorious for getting the 'Data A' and 'Data B' designations different on different devices; try swapping the data wires.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I am currently trying to establish a message instruction to pass data from a 1756-L73 to a 1756-L71. My communication path from the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm getting comms set up on the wastewater side of the project I'm working on, and getting a comms error on one specific site that I...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I have simple radio network set up with a SLC 5/05 and a MicroLogix 1500 LRP. The radios are MDS 9810 serial radios. My goal is to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a set up where I’m using a SLC 5/05 communicating via Ethernet to a 22-comm-e which is housed in a Power flex 40. The...
Replies
Views
I'm using a SLC typed write from the ControlLogix5572 to the MicroLogix 1400, with path: 2, (MicroLogix IP). The ControlLogix equipment has a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom