msvcrt.dll error with Simatic Net Softnet IE V8 Lean

Willheisen

Hello everyone!

We have a computer running on Windows XP 32 bits SP3 where Simatic Net Softnet IE 2008 Lean is installed, with C++ (VC6.0 and VS2008) application as a OPC Client(developped by someone who has left the company two years ago).
The application works fine on it.

Now we want to "upgrade" the environment.
We have a new computer where Windows 7 32 bits SP1 has been installed. We didn't succeed to install Softnet IE 2008 Lean, due to error during installation. That's why we have installed another version available in our department: V12 SP2. The installation was successful.
We have also put the C++ application on the computer.
The problem is, although we can read and write data with the application, after a few moment (sometimes 5 min, other time 30min), the application crashes.
The error message indicates that mscvrt.dll is faulting (version 7.0.7600.16385), with the 0xc0000005 exception code.

We are sure the problem is related with the OPC communciation, because if we set "no PLC communication" in this program, it works fine.

We have tried to rebuild the C++ program with VS2008, but the same error appears.

For the "opc" part, the SIMATICNET/opc2/inc was added as additionnal include directory in the project. I tried with the directory installed on the W7, but the problem is still the same.

Does anyone have an idea about this issue?

I'd try to static link the C++ project against the Microsoft runtime libraries, or install the runtime libraries which are needed for VS 2008 (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package).