Multi-monitor HMI client

coalsand

I have an HMI project on FTView SE Network Distributed and had originally intended for the operators to have a client runtime running on each of their two monitors on the same machine, thereby allowing them to have two screens up at once.

The only trouble is that I had assumed the HMI tags I'd declared in the project were confined to the instance and not writing to a local common DB. So, my project shows which navigation button is depressed based on the value of an HMI tag, but now indicates identically in both instances per the last changed value. Likewise for the screen title, which I've programmed in the same manner.

Is there a way to make a tag that is private to the instance? How else do I achieve this?

I can only speak for FTView ME, but Machine Edition only supports 1 additional ViewPoint screen/monitor. I don't know how this compares to Site Edition. Anyone with SE ViewPoint experience want to chime in?