Multiple Addresses

Leeroy

Is it possible to have two addresses that monitor the same tag on a HMI screen? For example, let's say a user inputs the number 10, is it posible to store that in two seperate addresses/tags (eg. tag1-N7:0 and tag2-N7:1) in the HMI? I'm using PanelBuilder32 if that helps at all. This number will be sent to two different plc's (slc5/03's). I could use a read/write instruction in the plc but I just wanted to know if it's possible.

Consider if you have to display the tag value on the screen but it's different in PLC1 and PLC2. Which value do you want the PanelView to display ?

It's a moot point because PanelBuilder32 can't write to more than one tag with a Numeric Entry object.

Some other HMI devices can do this by executing a "script" or "macro" when you press the Enter key, writing an internal tag into one or more PLC data tables in one or more PLCs.

It doesn't matter which value the panelview displays, just as long as I could copy that number to a seperate tag. From what I can see you can't just like you said as well, so I'll just use a read instruction in the plc I don't use in panelview.

Some other HMI devices can do this by executing a "script" or "macro" when you press the Enter key, writing an internal tag into one or more PLC data tables in one or more PLCs.

I think WinCC is one example of doing that, I think it was that software I was able to do what I'm asking to do for something I did a while back. And yes I know WinCC is not AB ;)