multiple choice test automation engineer

Surely you could make a few up. If you are in a position to be interviewing for an automation job than you must know something about automation yourself. (unless of course you are applying for a job at the company I work for. In which case you will be interviewed by our HR lady.)

Do you want a job, yes/no
Do you want to work here yes/no
What does HMI standfore. I know/no l don"t
How do you do index addressing from RSlogix5000 to Citect 7.2. Thanks l have a better job offer

If you Google Interview questions you'll find some sites with supposed interview questions, which usually reflect an incredible ignorance of the topic at hand, to say nothing of the answers that are offered by the rabble.

Have a small widget machine made, and have them program it. Then you can see how they program, and how well they can learn new products. I would say making a written test in this industry would not be best since products change yearly. I would have the machine have some things on it that they have not used before. Provide the manual and see if they can learn. Someone who has the ability to learn new ideas and concepts is better in my opinion than someone who thinks they know it all already.

I really hope people stop asking "what is your greatest weakness?" It's a useless question nowadays because everybody knows to to say "I'm too much of a perfectionist" or some other stock notacism.

What's your greatest weakness?

I sit around on my computer all day looking at the PLC.net forum to see what I can comment on next. So did I get the job?