Multiple masters for S7-300 PLC on MODBUS

JERA

Have anyone experience with use of Siemens S7-300 (CP341 card) and use of multiple masters. I have a client with a SCADA system there have Modbus communication to many systems inclusive several Siemens S7-300 (with CP341 card).
The SCADA have 2 OPC servers there is collecting data from the systems, and they are set up as masters and they can collect data from all slaves.
The problem with the system is that the Siemens PLC stops communication if both OPC servers ask for data in the same PLC system. The action now is to reset the PLC system and everything is working.
Is it possible to have 2 masters to collect data by Modbus in the same Siemens S7-300 PLC??

Similar Topics

If an IPC with Codesys runtime on it has two separate ethernet ports, is it possible to have an Ethercat master on each of them? I do not find...
Replies
Views
With Ethernet/Modbus-TCP, if a device is a Modbus Master, can it be polled by another Modbus Master? That is, "act like a slave", for lack of a...
Replies
Views
Could anyone from a Siemens background offer me some advice here. I have a spec here which is requesting a system where until normal control a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I recently ran into a problem with my latest project. I am using a MicroLogix 1100 PLC, and have 4 remote IO modules that talk to it via...
Replies
Views
I have several small individual stations, each controlled with a 314C-2DP processor. Right now, a multiproject is used to contain all of the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom