Naming RsLogix 5000 Modules on Rslinx

MattMcBride21

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Guys,

just wondering if anyone can give me a run down on naming Ethernet and DH+ Modules so that the name shows up when browsing on RSlinx, at the moment it just shows its address and the product name eg. 1756-ENBT/A, 1756-DHRIO/B. I tried changing the name in module Properties in RsLogix 5000 doesn't show up on RsLinx just the I/O Configuration in RsLogix 5000.

Thank You

Welcome to the Forum!
You have just encountered one of the "not-so-user-friendly" "features" of RSLinx; since it is merely a communication utility, the only "names" RSLinx-RSWho interface will retrieve is the CPU controller's one; the rest of the topologies' components will be identified exclusively via the Type/Address characteristics.

Cheers for that, i can stop trying to do something that can't be done, seems silly not having that functionality, i thought there would be an easy way but no.