Need a little help

2bru

Hello everyone,
I want to know what I am doing wrong when trying to upload a program from a pv+1000 on a dh+ network. The 5/04 and HMI or talking just fine and I can get program from the plc with rslinx. But I can't upload from panelview with factorytalk tranfer utility, it thinks about for a long time then tells me the source selected is not a valid device.

for most PanelViews the easiest/best way to upload/download is through a "straight-through" serial cable (DB-9 pin) ... we can't tell for sure whether this will work with yours until you give us the complete model number ... this usually starts with 2711- or something along those lines ... note that there are MANY different PV-1000 models and there are MANY different methods of communicating with them ...

so ...

post your specific information on the "real" Question and Answer board and someone will be along soon to help you out ... (this is the practice area and most members don't look here for questions) ...

and welcome to the forum ...