Need help finding scaling of Analog input on ASi

antsrealm

Hi,

I am pretty good with Rockwell gear but I am fairly green when it comes to Siemens and I am having difficulty finding where an analog ASi input is being scaled in my program.

The input is for a 4-20ma Pressure transducer and it is connected on a ASi network via Profibus.

I have the code and the drawings here and if some could show me how to translate the physical device on the ASi network into it's input in the code and how to find it that would be fantastic.

I have attached two photos showing the probe and the ASi module it's connected to. From that you should be able to tell where it would be located in the code. Unfortunately for me I lack the experience to find it in the program. Could someone explain the process needed to identify an ASi input like this in the code.

I put the archived project on my google drive for you to look at. Link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-AsBKwF6UD8NGJmUjlPbHR6WmM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Tony.

ASi Input Module.jpg PT130 SENSOR.jpg

The analogue input value for your pressure sensor is on PIW2200. If you look at network 3 of FC984 you will see the block that handles this FC531. Open that block and you will see the scaling parameters.

The analogue input value for your pressure sensor is on PIW2200. If you look at network 3 of FC984 you will see the block that handles this FC531. Open that block and you will see the scaling parameters.

Thanks that is great!! Since I'm still learning the basics of S7 how do you work out that, that input is PIW2200. How do you translate the drawings to be that address? If I could work that out I would be able to find most of it.

The drawing you posted showed that. The German for input is Eingang, hence PEW from your picture. I just did a cross reference for PIW2200.

Ahhh that makes more sense :)

What is the proper method for doing a cross reference and then finding those FC's.

I have been randomly clicking on a address and then selecting goto and typing in what I want to find. When I type in PIW2200 it finds a lot of instances. How did you narrow that down to the two relevant FC's ?

I cross reference by the same method but when I did it on your project there was only one reference to PIW 2200.

Ok Thanks. I tried it again and as you said it just showed the one location in FC984. Not sure what I did the first time.

Thanks for your help, really appreciated :)

With that FC531 scaling block, is there a way to monitor that instance of the block so I can see how it is processing the scaling in monitor mode?

When I monitor that block it seems to be showing me data from another instance of the scaling for another sensor. I realize this FC501 is used for all the analogs but how do I monitor the specific instance for PIW2200?

Yeah I did see that document the other day. I was hoping there was an easier way. If not I'll have to work through that process.

Thanks.