need help one more time

The RTO will hold it's value if the line object stops--if you want that. Then N7:0 will hold the value until the next object comes thru. You can maneuver that N7 value elsewhere if need be.

Mark A. Crowley

Rube,
I was looking at the RTO early, but haven't figure out how to post a snap shot of my ladder logic yet. I think what hidroela is wanting it when I:1/0 closes timer start and continues to run until I:1/1 closes and then opens.
I think the RTO will work but some changes are needed.

BTW does Rube=an unsophisticated country fellow??? I used that for years to mess with people and get them thinkin'!! Just curious.

Well, I don't claim to be sophisticated...

I got the nickname when I was in the Navy. I, an enlisted boy from the farm, was arguing with a Commander when another enlisted type walked by. Later he told me he was going to call me Rube. When I asked why, he said he used to work around the circus and they have a term they use when someone is in trouble--"Hey Rube". It's been a nickname, CB handle, Logon, etc. ever since.

If indeed I've not given him EVERYTHING he needs, maybe I gave him a kick start. Either way I hope it helps.

Did ten years myself, never cared for Officers that thought they were better then everyone, my way of thinking they were no better than me, guess that's why I got in trouble one to many times. Had on Div O take me to Captains mast for threatening to Kick his A__ at a party.
Where were you stationed, did six years as an ET on a cruiser, and than did four at NAS Memphis.
I figured this is some kind of homework or something, answered one of his questions last night.

How can I show a pic of ladder logic anyway, just for future reference.

Well something bothered me about my logic last night and when I woke up this morning I found out what. So The following should work if hidroela is still working on it, here's version 1A. Martin, I'll PM you so we don't invoke any more Charlie Brown quotes from Mr. Woods.

test.jpg

Last edited:
Martin,

If you noticed, the images are attached as .jpg or .gif files.

Now to create this (the way I normally do) -

1. Open the ladder in your software.

2. Press "Print Screen".

3. Open your imaged editor such as "paint" or "Photoshop" or Microsoft Image Editor" or ("IrfanView" - You can download this 'Free' from the net) --------- then Paste your image in the editor.

4. Resize or edit as you wish.

5. Save it in any location on your PC as a .jpg or .gif (take note of the size limitations allowed on the forum)

6. During replying to this forum - click on the Browse column and point to the image you saved

7. Submit

Done. Happy posting

You didn't explain the timing so I didn't want to elaborate.
I would recommend to try posting timing diagrams and indicate
start and stop edges. It was not clear if the time was in the ms
range or minutes. I was hoping little push in a right direction
would be enough. This is good thing to excercise. Just try to
do it yourself even if it's messy at first.
:)

PS:
We don't want Rube to loose good night sleep. ;)

When I asked why, he said he used to work around the circus and they have a term they use when someone is in trouble--"Hey Rube".

Just an FYI, Hey Rube originated as a carnival term (also used by circus people) to describe a problem (usually a fight) with local residents...ie country people.

I grew up a carny and spent many years in the business. This page can offer other terms that used to be commonly used in the business: http://www.welcometothefair.com/lingo/#p-s

Sorry about the tangent.

Ok after all your help ,suggestion and ideas I got to this tested and working like I wanted

~hidroela\LAST%201.jpg

Thanks Hidroilio

Here is the timing diagram (nod to panic mode) of what you have...

417063fa2c38c81d.gif

1. When LS-1 goes ON, LATCH WAS LS-1 (Travel Timing).

2. Travel Timing causes Timer to run.

3. WHILE LS-2 is ON, LATCH WAS LS-2 (Going Out).

4. If WAS LS-2 (Going Out) but now...

5. NOT Going Out, then...

6. Save Time, and...

7. Reset WAS LS-1 (Unlatch Travel Timing) then...

8. Reset WAS LS-2 (Unlatch Going Out), then...

9. Disable Timer.

BTW... get some skin rube.

????????????????????............

Forgive my ignorance but to be honest with you I don’t know what the XXXX you are talking about I just got to this plc deal just a few month ago

Terry is explaning what was done in detail.
1. Limit Switch one transition to ON which latches B3:2/1, since B3:2/1 is latched Limit switch one can go OFF and it wont matter...ie B3:2/1 is saying LS1 WAS ON.
2. B3:2/1 Travel Timming is ON and causes timer to run
3.Limit switch 2 transitions to ON which latches b3:2/2 ...ie LS2 WAS ON
4.5.6.B3:2/2 Going Out (WAS LS2) uses MOV to save time...ie not going out yet. Unlatches B3:2/1 Timming Travel (WAS LS1) which disables timer then unlatches B3:2/2

Your terms described the B3 bits to you, in essence they signify that a signal WAS ON (could describe an OFF state too).