Need Rs View Support!!

libyanman86

Hi to all !!
Thank you so much for your great help guys.. i'm instrument engineer working in Oil company and i'm very enthusiastic to build up rs view graphics for small project which operators monitor it in leds " very old!!!
I like to do so because the system has already Allen Bradley SLC5 installed.
and i have the following items related to that system
* ladder
* rs view software licensed
* Rs linx
* Rs logic
* DH485 interface adapter
* Ethernet cable
i'm able to read the ladder and take copy if needed
i doubt It will be easy with your support and efforts ..
Regards

libyanman86,

you will need to determine if you want to use a panelview plus terminal or a pc system.
you will also need to determine the system components to make this happen as well as buy the software.

i suggest that you contact your local Allen Bradley rep for assistance.

Not trying to slam you, there is just not enough details.

regards,
james

Last edited:
thank you Mr.James .. yas i want to use a pc because i have Rs linx and Rs view software and DH interface adapter .. I don't understand what do you mean by buying software?
i was thinking it will be easy? what do you think?

my mistake,
i didn't see the rsview listed.

1. is the rsview software a runtime package or developers package? there is a difference. how many tags does it have? that is what limits your programming.
2. if you have a SLC 5/04, you will use the dh+ communications
protocal for rsview. you should also have the slc programming software on this pc as well.
3. you will need an interface card to go from the pc to the dh+ port of the plc.
4. start devising what screens you want on the rsview monitor.
5. what data do you want to monitor & possible log.

this is your starting point.
regards,
james

Thank you again Mr. James..
About the rs view, i have the Run time package not Demo.. Tags are not limited. anyway the project has only few tags..
i have slc programming software
i will attach the ladder to be checked

Thank you all for helping.. Yas Mr. Micky as Labeledas said what i mean by old is LEDs monitoring, And that's why i took a decision to upgrade and build up Graphics by Rs view32 since i have the facilities and your support and help. I will check out the sent links .. i'm sure they will be useful ..

if you have the Runtime package, then you will be unable to create anything. You will need a developers (works) package.

the demo mode is only good for 2 hours at a time and 25 tags if i remember correctly.

regards,
james

yas mr . James and thank you for your reply. Now i have got RS view works package .and i red a user manual how to start with it, and i understood how to configure
System : channel, node and scan class but i couldn't understand very much dealing with Tag Database because when i import them from PLc they came without descriptions because the programmer didn't write the description.However, i didn't want all the inputs to be displayed on my rs view. because it is going to show only few parameters..
My question is when i draw such a transmitter symbol on Graphic display and i give it a Tag according to plc's Tag..and set the unit " psi. gall ...etc.. Is that enough to display the variable.Or still need further steps !!!
Thank you so much for helping
P.s i have already drawn rs view for different project that helps me to achieve the DrEam ... N_N

libyanman86,

this is the point to where i am not very good in detailing rsview. my only comment at this point is to read the manuals and maybe locate a spare unit in your plant tp play with.

that's how i had to get some things right.

maybe someone els will also help.

regards,
james