need to print old dos ab pcis program

Since its a DOS application, and would normally be printed to LPT1, you have to go to your Windows print setup and tell it to capture the data sent to the LPT1 port and send it to your (probably) networked Windows printer. I've done this so I know it can be done, but I'm trying to relate it from memory. If you have trouble, email me.
Joe

I'm using Windows98 2nd Edition. First off I put the PCIS file in a folder of its own. Next I made a shortcut for it on the desktop. After opening the program in MS-DOS mode, a menu appeared with F1, F2, etc.
I then hit the F key to change directory to where the ladder file was.
Next I hit F1 to read. then selected the file and hit enter. Next I hit Esc. back to main menu. Next, I hit F3 to print and chose LPT1 then Enter. It started printing to my local default printer, a HP697c
Deskjet. I may have the order of things a little mixed up, I was messing around to see what was needed. The main thing to remember is that Esc goes back to a previous menu, "F" keys select actions, and Enter initiates the action. Try to post an attached zip file and maybe I can print it out. If all else fails PM me with the file and I will try to print it out for you. Old DOS applications can be a pain when using the latest new software and computers.

Sid

I'm using Windows 2000 Pro and running the PCIS software. What I have done is to use the PCIS print command and instead of LPT1, it gives the option of a file name. I write the file name over the LPT1 and press enter. The file shows up in the working directory and can be opened with WordPad and printed out. This might be easier than jumping through all the windows hoops.
Good luck,

Before opening your PCIS program, go to a DOS window and at the prompt type:

net use LPT1: \\printserver\printer

where printserver = the name of your printserver and printer = the name of the printer you want to use. Make sure there is a space between the colon and the double slash(\\). Then you do not have to change any settings in the PCIS software. I've done this many times and it works fine. This is for a networked environment of course.

The easiest way would be to just connect a printer to your parallel port and off you go.

Good Luck,
Jeff