I need to print out a PLC 2 ladder, but I don't know how.

plctechweg

Hi,
I just recently had to add some safety features to an older machine. I made some changes to the PLC 2 logic for the new features. I don't have access to a printer which can communicate with the IBM 95 I used for the changes. How do I create a usable visual document of the PLC ladder to print out and place in the cabinet for troubleshooting purposes? It looks like other people have asked this and some of you have a program which can create that type of document. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

What software for the old PLC-2 ? 6200 ?
From memory for the 6200 software for PLC5 it was possible to save the program as a text file. The Ladder code being represented by ASCII characters.
So you just have to get the text file off the PC by some means - floppy ?

I remember printing a PLC2 project from the terminal that had to use tape backups, on a greenbar dot matrix that took about 45 minutes to print the few hundred pages

Ahhh, the good ole days.....